You know when you’re not supposed to eat something, that makes you want to eat it that much more? I’m not supposed to eat chocolate cuz it’s a migraine trigger so *sigh. (Totally first world problems, am I right?)
But my oldest loves fudge and when I found this gem hidden in my grandma’s cookbook from way back in the day, I decided to make a batch. Now let’s see if I can resist NOT eating it.
Super easy to make. Just make sure you don’t walk away from the stove cuz the chocolate will burn.
- 1 1/2 package chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cube butter
- 10 marshmallows
- 1 tsp. water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 small can condensed milk
- Mix the chocolate chips, vanilla, and butter in a pot over medium heat on the stove.
- Once all melted, add the marshmallows and water.
- Once that is all melted together, add the sugar and condensed milk.
- Have it boil for 6 minutes, stirring constantly so it doesn’t burn.
- Pour into a buttered pan and put in fridge for 12 hours.
Do you have a favorite family recipe? Share in the comments!